When choosing the type of construction, it is necessary to take into account the area of \u200b\u200blandscaping, the presence of defects on the wall, as well as the level of lighting. The following types of vertical gardens are widely used in landscape design:
1. The most difficult is landscaping, which is based on the creation of arched structures, pergolas and columns. Such work requires skill, so novice gardeners should choose an easier option.
2. Installation of hanging containers. It can be pots, bags or containers into which fertile soil will be poured. They are fixed on supports, ornamental plants are planted in containers.
3. Living Walls by Patrick Blanc.
The last method is the most modern, its advantage is the absence of hanging pots with earth.
1. Fastening on the facade of a metal frame.
2. Installation of a frame made of plastic. It is covered with polymer felt, plants are planted in small pockets.
For landscaping, vines are most often used. A mineral solution is used as nutrition, it is fed to the roots through a system of tubes and filters.
Visible attractiveness and simplicity are not the only advantages of vertical gardening, it also attracts gardeners with the following:
1. Plant structures refresh the room, it is pleasant and interesting to look at them.
2. Green modules are easy to combine with each other. Many plants tolerate shade well, so landscaping shady areas can be almost limitless.
3. The vertical orientation of bioconstructions saves space. Even in a small room, it is easy to accommodate a large group of plants.
4. The structure is light in weight.
5. Oxygen saturation occurs on an ongoing basis, this is especially true for indoor areas.
6. A wall of plants can reduce the degree of sound load due to the natural thickening of the walls. With gentle irrigation of plants, the amount of dust in the air is reduced.
When choosing soil for a vertical garden, it is worth stopping at sphagnum moss. It is suitable for growing whimsical tropical plants, its distinctive feature is its high water-holding capacity.
The positive qualities of this soil substitute include antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial action. In addition, due to its special structure, sphagnum moss provides plant roots with increased air circulation. This makes it the best basis for the healthy development and abundant flowering of plants included in vertical construction.
In order to give your garden originality and an unusual appearance, a little imagination is enough, a little time and mastering the technique of arranging vertical flower beds. Without a doubt, such decorations will not leave your guests indifferent, surprise them and create a wonderful atmosphere of beauty and comfort.
Vertical flower beds are voluminous structures directed upwards. All sorts of flowers, plants, original berries and unusual miniature vegetables are planted in them. Any form is allowed, ranging from strict geometric arches or pyramids to intricately twisted spirals and multi-tiered compositions. The flight of fancy is unlimited, because there are no special rules for the formation of such a flower bed. Sometimes, looking at such magnificence, it seems that creating and caring for such a flower bed is a rather difficult task. In fact, you will have to do the usual manipulations, as in the usual flower garden, but the result is guaranteed to exceed all your expectations!
The easiest way to create such a flower bed is to purchase ready-made planters, which are made in the form of modules. You connect them as you wish, setting the height of the structure. Seeds or seedlings are planted in a pot. In addition, you can purchase a ready-made stand, as a rule, it is a forged iron structure. Pay attention to the fact that there are as many stands or shelves for flowers as possible. Ampelous plants with hanging long branches will look especially beautiful here. For example, flowers of begonia, nasturtium, bluebell, petunias or forget-me-nots would be a great option.
The next way to arrange a vertical flower bed is to create a kind of tower of flowers. Here, as a basis, you can take any figure, the height of your choice. For example, it can be a ball, figures of animals, a person or towers. Such figures can be made independently or purchased ready-made. All that is required of you is to fill the soil in the center of the structure and provide it with irrigation pipes. Well, then it is necessary to hang the plants by the branches so that they "grow" into the structure, wrapping around it.
An interesting solution would be the arrangement of vertical flower beds on fences, arches, gazebos and awnings. Here the task is more difficult than in other options, because you have to grow a fairly large volume and number of plants. As a rule, to organize a flower bed on the fence, they proceed as follows: cut plastic bottles with soil inside are attached to the fence and plants are planted there. Initially, it will have an unattractive appearance, but when everything grows, the surface of the fence will be covered with a bright, rich multi-colored screen and, of course, will have an original look.